← Moving … Part 2

The next morning, we all headed out for breakfast.  An all-carb, totally unbalanced, breakfast at Western Bagel.  We bought almost every kind of bagel they sell.  Delicious!  It was about a half hour in the wrong direction, but so worth it.  With happy bellies we started, our day.

We took oldest daughter and her boyfriend to Union Station in downtown Los Angeles.  They spent the day at Chinatown and lunch at Philippe, some of our favorite things to do there.

She was partway through her junior year of high school so she was going to stay and live with her father.  Oldest daughter and I are very close  …  mother and daughter  …  pb and j.  Leaving her was so terribly difficult.  We said our goodbyes, both of us staying composed as we hugged  …  and then hugged again.  Then we walked our separate ways, my heart aching terribly, and I knew hers was, too.  Then the tears.

Tough times and challenges stink.  It’s also not the time to be wimpy.  So, I pulled myself together.

Texas guy and I drove back to pick up the-big-cheese-ball-truck and hit the road again.

(Texas guy took this pic of me as we were getting ready to leave.  I’m wearing clothes … really I am.  Unfortunately, this is the only pic we took that day.  I know, I can’t believe it either.  So it’s this or nothing.  There will be many more pics in Part 4.  Enough to make up for this one.  …  But, while we’re looking at this pic, let me point out the melted ice cream I dripped on the side of the door.)

We drove from Los Angeles, CA to Phoenix, AZ.  At the end of a long day of driving, we arrived at my aunt’s house and enjoyed a delicious BBQ dinner.  Then we took a nice walk in the park nearby.  After driving for hours, it felt so good to get out and walk around.  When we got back, my aunt and uncle had some delicious chocolate covered strawberries for dessert.

Though we were both really tired, we went back out and met my cousin and his wife for drinks.  Tired or not, we couldn’t pass that up.  I always have a good time with them!  A couple of drinks.  A lot of laughs.  And it was time to get some sleep before we started another long day of driving.

Moving … Part 4 →